First finish for 2014

Patches 'n Pinwheels

Patches ‘n Pinwheels

I finished my first project of 2014.  It’s a quilt for a baby boy expected to arrive in Spring.  The pattern is called Patches ‘n Pinwheels and is machine assembled and hand quilted.  I used high-loft polyester  batting for extra softness and rapid drying.

Most of the pieces to assemble the quilt were left from other quilt projects.  The dark and pale blue borders were left from making Jacob’s Shirt Quilt, the piano border is leftover pieces from The Between Quilt and the various scraps are from my ever-growing pile of clothing sewing scraps.  I love having a large stash from which to choose.

This is another hand quilted project from my hoop.  I’ve found I truly enjoy hand stitching as I watch movies on my computer at night.  It’s very relaxing and I try to have a project available for stitching every night.

The finished quilt measures 54″ x 42″.


You can leave comments on this post but not trackbacks. Follow recent comments using this Comments Feed.